Things you didn’t know about murdered Super TV boss
The controversial death of Super TV Chief Executive Officer, Mr. Micahel Usifo Ataga, has continued to create mixed reactions.
He was reportedly murdered, just a few days before his 50th birthday.
A 21-year-old undergraduate of the University of Lagos (UNILAG), Chidinma Ojukwu, confessed to Killing Ataga.
She narrated how she stabbed Ataga to death after they had sex in the Lekki area of Lagos State.
Here are few things you probably didn’t know about him:
1. Michael Usifo Ataga was the founder and the Chief Executive Officer of Super TV and a director in Super Network Limited.
2. He was born on June 19, 1971 – 50 Years (1971–2021).
3. He had his primary and secondary education in Edo State, finishing up with a first degree from the University of Benin in 1995.
4. Ataga was married to Brenda Usifo with two kids together.
5. Brenda works as the National Project Coordinator of the LPG Gas Expansion Programme, in the office of the Honourable Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Timipre Sylva.
6. Ataga registered Super Network Limited under the Telecommunications Services Industry, on December 23, 2013, with himself as Director.
7. Ataga also floated Super TV in April 2014, as a streaming entertainment platform that offers movies, shows, news, and documentaries. Since 2014, he has been the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and founding Director of Super TV.
8. Ataga who resides in Banana Island, was reported missing on Sunday, June 13, by his family and friends after he didn’t return to his home in Banana Island and he also didn’t turn up at his Victoria Island office.
9. All efforts to reach Ataga, who would have turned 50 years old on June 18, proved abortive and this caused distress to his wife and children, who live in Abuja.
10. Unfortunately, Ataga’s lifeless body was found on Friday morning, June 18, with multiple stab wounds
I have no ‘soap’ to cut for anybody – Obi Cubana
Socialite Obi Iyiegbu, better known as Obi Cubana, has said he doesn’t have any “soap” to cut for anyone.
In an interview with BBC News Pidgin on Tuesday, Cubana urged young people to work hard to earn a better life.
Since the Chairman of Cubana Nightclub had a lavish burial for his mother in Oba, Anambra, he has become a social media sensation.
Cubana has however condemned money rituals and emphasized the importance of prayer, God, hard effort, and investing in a good group of friends.
“We didn’t plan for one-fifth of the crowd at the funeral,” he said.
“But see what happened at the burial. People have been saying that Obi Cubana has money, which money? They need to know people who have money in Anambra and in Nigeria. It is not about money but goodwill. What happened that day, money can’t buy it. See the mammoth crowd, yet nobody was raped, no car was stolen and no one was attacked. It can only be God.”
Cubana said he believes in fasting and prayer for spiritual fortification and not rituals. “I do pray before I leave the house. I pray because if you don’t pray your body will be naked and prone to different attacks,” he said.
Advising youths, he said, “If you are in your 20s, work now. I am 46 years (old), I have done my first half. I don’t know why someone who is just 20 years (old) will say he has not made it when he still has 50 years 60 years ahead.
“There is no soap to cut for anybody, there is no soap anywhere, work, pray, be good, make your own soap.”
Oba Burial: Obi Cubana, Kanayo O. Kanayo may go to jail
Cubana Nightclub’s founder, Obinna Iyiegbu, aka Obi Cubana, Nollywood actor, Kanayo O Kanayo, and others who attended a recent burial ceremony in Oba, Anambra, risk six months in prison after breaching the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) rule.
Obi Cubana staged a lavish burial ceremony for his late mother, Ezinne Iyiegbu, who died in December 2020.
The funeral was graced by Kanayo O. Kanayo, actor Alex Ekubo and many other celebrities.
In one of the videos uploaded by Obi Cubana on his Instagram during the celebration of life for his mother, he was seen spraying naira notes to persons around him.
In another video, he is seen dancing on naira notes sprayed on him by guests at his party, while Kanayo O Kanayo and other guests were also captured on video spraying Cubana naira notes.
The act of spraying naira and dancing on the note is an abuse of Nigeria’s currency, and it contravenes Section 21 of the CBN Act 2007, which stipulates six months jail term.
What the CBN act says about spraying and dancing on naira
According to the act:
(1) A person who tampers with a coin or note issued by the Bank is guilty of an offence and shall on notes and coins imprisonment for a term not less than six months or to a fine not less than N50,000 or to both such fine and imprisonment.
(2) A coin or note shall be deemed to have been tampered with if the coin or note has been impaired, diminished or lightened otherwise than by fair wear and tear or has been defaced by stumping, engraving, mutilating, piercing, stapling, writing, tearing, soiling, squeezing or any other form of deliberate and willful abuse whether the coin or note has or has not been thereby diminished or lightened.
(3) For the avoidance of doubt, spraying of, dancing or matching on the Naira or any note issued by the Bank during social occasions or otherwise howsoever shall constitute an abuse and defacing of the Naira or such note and shall be punishable under Sub-section (1) of this section.
Video: Billionaire Mike Adenuga in mess as ex ‘mistress’ accuses him of intimidation
A fresh video has surfaced where a certain woman, Ms. Honora Olumide Johnson, accused billionaire mogul, Dr. Mike Adenuga, of using the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, to intimidate and confiscate everything she has worked for.
Johnson, who was a confidential secretary to Dr. Mike Adenuga for over 30 years, now faces eviction from her house in Lagos.
Adenuga had accused her of filching money belonging to Worldspan Holdings, one his companies, to the tune of $300,000 which was meant to be transferred to a Conoil account. It was alleged that Johnson transferred the funds to a different account in China for her benefits.
Johnson was also accused of methodically stealing “various currencies in naira and foreign currencies in the total equivalent of $350,000” between 2018 and 2020.
In her response, Johnson denied all the allegations, arguing that she had left the employment of Mike Adenuga in 2019 following his desire to continue their 30-year-old romantic relationship.
While crying uncontrollably, she said in the video: “He said I stole money; money that I didn’t steal. What did I do? 30 years I gave my life to Adenuga. How many houses do I have? What did he do for me? He didn’t do anything for me. No children, no husband. Mike Adenuga, live me alone.”
See video below: